Skip to main content

Assignment 1: Collaged Images

 Below you will see the 5 images I chose to submit for my assignment. There are two styles in which I completed this assignment based off of the examples provided in class.

The first style being the typical collage style to create a new image.

This first image is my original image I toyed around with in class. I do enjoy the concept of it, but I was hoping for a more realistic effect, and I feel as if there are skills, I am missing to make that happen. This probably would have looked better with some dogging and burning to add in the reflective nature I feel like space would bring. I will probably revisit this in the future.
Of this style, this image is probably my favorite. One unknown fact about me, is this movie was the only thing that kept my quiet at the babysitters when i was a baby, and still today it remains one of my favorites. This image is an homage to my favorite scene. While I do enjoy the complementation of this peach against the sky of the photo I chose, I do wish I could have found a cartoon one to match the character Png I found online. As well, a movie logo with a lighter peachy tone would have matched much better to the image.

This last image was my least favorite. while I had to use the duck, I also wanted to add in other yellow characters as well to show how out of characters taxis look in a city like New York. I like the other two characters better. However, I wish I could have made the rubber duck really look like it was sitting on the car.

The next two images show the layering style of examples that Jason gave us, and in this case, these may be some of my favorites. I used some of my own personal photography photos for these. 

When looking at my downloaded images, I found these purple mushrooms that matched very nicely with the long exposure images I did of my roommate with a purple background. I made sure to take the edited verson of this photo so that the editing would be minimal and i like the look it gives with her brightened skin. However, the one thing i wish i could have down would be lessen the mushrooms on her face somehow to show off the long exposure more.
This image is my roommate's favorite, and we both agree that it gives off "stranger things" vibes. The original image was a snow-covered field, so the alpha color was white, and that left Madi in almost full view which I love. However, like in the other image, I believe the trees would have looked nicer if they were less transparent.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 2: 3D

 For my Assignment I've decided to upload these photos below as it shows my experience through learning 3D editing. This first photo is probably my least favorite. i love the colors in my suncatchers but because of the background the do not stand out as much as i would like.  This next photo is one of my favorites. The clock in the background creates a double image, which does not bode well for the 3D effect. However, i believe it creates and interesting image that really caught my eye. I am undecided on this particular image. while the effect is there, I do not see this as a particularly interesting image to look at.  This last photo in my favorite. The image was not very colorful to begin with, but desaturating it makes it stand out so much more. 

The Invisible Man

Above are my attempts at making will invisible. the last photo in particular was hard to pull off as I had to completely copy and paste will onto the background photo to move him around because the two images did not match up.  

Assignment 3: Clones

With this assignment, the goal was to take multiple images of one person and create an image of clones. below are the two images I came up with.   This first photo was my least favorite. while I feel like the back 2 clones were strong, the front clone is not my favorite, and I could not get it to blend quite right.  This last image I made, rightfully named "Enter Sandman", is my favorite. I asked to just do 2 images instead of three in exchange for me doing multiple clones. Will and I stayed after class and helped me. In all there where about 20+ clones photographed, however my iPhone camera clipped off a lot of them. in the end I believe I ended up with 13 clones. And despite my computer dying on clone 12 and having to start over, I finally got all of the clones into place. I am extremely proud of this image and the only clone I wish I could blend better was the one laying across the seats.